[Symphony] MS Visual Studio, Concorde and Symphony VRP

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Apr 19 18:08:38 EDT 2010

In general, you cannot link libraries built in Cygwin with libraries
built in MSVC++. If you already have a Cygwin installation, the
easiest thing to do would be to build SYMPHONY in CYGWIN as well. The
instructions for doing so should be pretty straightforward. If you run
into difficulties, please feel free to post another question here. A
word of warning, though. It has been quite a long time since I used
CONCORDE with the VRP solver and I wouldn't be surprised if the link
doesn't work with the version currently available for download. The
last time I looked at it, it looked like things had changed. If that's
true, it's possible I could dig up an old version that works.

Cheers,

Ted