[Symphony] modelling language for symphony

Mueller, Martin C martin.c.mueller at siemens.com
Tue Sep 22 03:46:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

Hans Mittelmann's regularily run benchmark is well-known and includes SYMPHONY and CPLEX: http://plato.asu.edu/ftp/milpf.html (http://scip.zib.de has a graphical display).

However, as a famous diagnostic physician would put it, "benchmarks always lie". For your particular problem the situation might differ completely from the benchmark. Just look at the detailed results of the benchmark above: for any ordered pair of solvers there's at least one instance for which the first one is better than the other one.

Best regards,
MCM

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
CT PP 7
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (89) 636-42373
Fax: +49 (89) 636-42284
Mobil: +49 (170) 9950406
mailto:martin.c.mueller at siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322