[Symphony] New SYMPHONY Releases

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Sep 23 00:14:14 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I suppose that most of the subscriber's to this mailing list have
already gathered that the first release in the 5.2 series occurred
sometime back. There have been some major upgrades with the addition
of a preprocessor, a new primal heuristic, and a much-improved
branching scheme.

Also, for the first time, we now have experimental installers for
those who just want binaries of the MIP solver:

Windows (MSVC++ and CYGWIN/MinGW):
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/SYMPHONY/SYMPHONY-5.2.0-Setup.exe
Linux: http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/SYMPHONY/SYMPHONY-5.2.0-Linux-x86-Install

If you get a chance to try them out, please let us know how they work for you.

We have also just made a new release 5.1.11 in the 5.1 series to fix a
recently discussed bug that caused the gap limit to be enforced
incorrectly. So for those of you happy with 5.1, you can continue to
use that.

Thanks and enjoy!

Cheers,

Ted