[Symphony] modelling language for symphony

G Chandramouli gcmouli1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:28:45 EDT 2009

Hi,
    I am doing my thesis in MIP of location problem. I am using LINGO but it
is very slow. I have 400 binary variables and over 200000 constraints. I
want to use symphony but I don't have a proper modelling language. AMPL is
costly and can't be afforded. Can I model it on AMPL limited (free) version
using symphony solver.Can GMPL be used for modelling such a large problem?
What about FLOPC++ ? Any limitations with these languages for large
problems? Also suggest me an alternative , in case above languages fail
Pls. tell me whether symphony is faster than LINGO and Cplex in case of
parallel systems and individual system.

Thank you