[Symphony] Dramatic performance drop since 5.1.10

claude philippe medard claude.philippe.medard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:12:22 EDT 2009

One comment about (2): i would not coin it an ugly hack. it is always very
difficult to know before hand whether dual or primal simplex is faster on
some LPs, in fact this is true for any solver (cplex, xpress, ...) What lp
solver does 5.1.10 use initially, is it dual simplex as well ?

as a side comment: does symphony support barrier as well ? on instances with
>=50K constraints and 100K variables, cplex barrier is extremely faster
(2mns) than its primal simplex (20 mns) or dual simplex (10mns). It is the
same with Xpress. just so you know.

best regards,
Claude Ph Medard