[Symphony] 'Unresolved external symbol' linking error with 'milp.c' example [fixed...sort of]

Yang Sui yang.signup at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:03:54 EST 2009

Thanks to a suggestion from Terry, I can now build the milp.c example
without any problems.  I simply tried the 'SYMPHONY 5.1.0-win32-msvc-v8'
build instead of the 5.1.1 build.  Should have tried that first I suppose.
So there was something disagreeable between Visual C++ and the newest 5.1.1
build.

As far as I can tell, the only potential problem is that 5.1.1 is missing
the 'libSymphony.lib' library that all the examples want to use.  I assumed
the 'libSym.lib' library was the same as 'libSymphony.lib' so I changed the
dependency to point to 'libSym.lib.'  But, maybe there is a difference
between those two libraries that caused problems for me.  I don't have the
expertise to narrow it down any further.

My problem is fixed for now.  I can go on to learn how Symphony works.
Looking forward to that.

Yang