[Coin-symphony] Compilation with GCC on MSys

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu May 17 14:29:34 EDT 2007

Jun Ma wrote:
> Thanks Ted,
>> I think it should still work to configure with CXXDEFS=-D__MNO_CYGWIN
>
> As said, the moment I launch ./configure with the CXXDEFS=-D__MNO_CYGWIN
> option,
> ./configure script prompts error saying that it is not allowed and
> terminates immediately.

I thought you said that it gives you an error when you add both
CXXDEFS=-D__MNO_CYGWIN and the --enable-doscompile option. If you add
CXXDEFS=-D__MNO_CYGWIN alone, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

In any case, I believe configuring with --enable-doscompile is the right
thing to do. It appears there is a bug in coin.m4. It should not throw
an error if --enable-doscompile is set in msys. I think I know how to
fix it, but it will have to be fixed in build tools. In the meantime, I
will try to come up with a workaround.

Cheers,

Ted
--