[Coin-symphony] Symphony 5.1.4 corrections

Francois Dionne brainstorm at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 11 20:24:44 EDT 2007

Dear mailing list,

I have downloaded a recent snapshot of Symphony 5.1.4 in tgz format and
found that I had to correct a few bugs.
I'm working in a Windows XP environment with an up-to-date Cygwin.

I've discovered that "make" fails to compile unless I specify
"--enable-doscompile" at configuration. When
"--enable-doscompile" is used, "make" seems to work but "make test" and
"make install" all fail unless
I set the variable "CYGPATH_W=cygpath" at configuration.

So I got Symphony working after doing all this. After typing "make clean", I
prepared Symphony to build my
USER application. Inside my code, I set the key "find_first_feasible=TRUE" .
When I run my executable, I
get the error message:

a process had died abnormally -- halting

I found the bug and a patchfile is included with this post. Just type:

cd Symphony-5.1.4/SYMPHONY
patch -p1 <SYMPHONY_bugfix.diff

before configuration and compilation (your directories may vary).

I hope you all find this post helpful. Goodbye and have a nice day.