[Coin-symphony] Problems with cuts

Michael O'Sullivan michael.osullivan at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 16 07:56:51 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am using Symphony in C++ via the OsiSymSolverInterface. I have turned
on all the cut generation options and get the following output:

scl Found 0 new violated cliques with the star-clique method
scl The largest star size was 0 (threshold 12)
scl Enumeration 0 times, found 0 maxl cliques
scl Greedy 0 times, found 0 maxl cliques
scl Skipped a star b/c of small solution value 0 times
scl    all cliques have been enumerated
Clp6003E Matrix has 6088 large values, first at column 9, row 2674 is
-1.79769e+308
Clp3003W Analysis indicates model infeasible or unbounded
Clp6003E Matrix has 6088 large values, first at column 9, row 2674 is
-1.79769e+308
Clp0004I Stopped due to errors - objective value 0
Clp0032I Errors objective 0 - 0 iterations time 0.062

and the Clp errors continue. Would anyone be able to shed some light on
why these errors occur? It seems like the cuts being generated have
large values in them (or have not been initialised properly). I haven't
done any user changes to the cut generation.

Thanks in advance, Mike O'S