[Coin-symphony] Building in Eclipse

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Mon Nov 20 08:42:17 EST 2006

Hi Mike,

What version of SYMPHONY are you using? Depending on the answer, the
compilation directions from the Dimacs workshop are probably obsolete.
If you are using SVN, I would suggest checking out SYMPHONY 5.1
according to the instructions at

projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY

As for using SYMPHONY within Eclipse, you'll have to give a bit more
detail for me to advise you. Are you building an application? Or
modifying SYMPHONY itself? Or just linking to the callable library? At
any rate, if you run the configure script once outside Eclipse, you
should just be able to do a "make install" within Eclipse anytime you do
an SVN update or modify the code. The make command will automatically
reconfigure if needed once the configure script has been run once. If
you give some more details, I can provide further help.

Cheers,

Ted