[Coin-symphony] Error setting time

Guilherme Albuquerque guilherme.ulliana at gmail.com
Thu May 18 00:26:51 EDT 2006

OK. Let's see...

1. I'm using gcc 4.0
2. 32 bit
3. The same error occour even when there is no mps file being solved (the
problem is in the 'set' submenu.
4. I'm not familiar with this term, did you mean some information of the
results using a debugging tool like gdb? If so, the program goes well, I
type 'set' to enter the submenu, then 'time_limit' to set the variable and
whenever I try to enter any value greater than 999, the following problem is
detected:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0804f680 ***

[Switching to Thread -1214564672 (LWP 8763)]
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

5. Again I'm not sure if is it what you mean, but I try to run symphony with
the comand ./symphony<input>output (and I attached these two files), and the
following message still pops up:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0804f680 ***
Abortado

(PS: Abortado means 'aborted' in portuguese)

6. I'm trying to set the variable time_limit to the value of 1800. When I
start the program, I give the commands 'set', 'time_limit' and '1800', then
the error occurs. After many tests, I found that this error don't occurs
with values lower than 1000. Another strange thing is that the manual says
that the time_limit variable should be 'double', but the error also occurs
when I try to give it values like 3.14.

I'm glad that I received this much attention, and I hope you can help me.
By the way, in answer to Baharev Ali, I have to use symphony because my
graduation project is about how powerfull some of the COIN-OR tools are, and
I'm making some tests with then. But thank you for your attention!

Best regards,
Guilherme