Fwd: Re: [Coin-symphony] compile error

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 10 15:53:59 EST 2006

Let me make a slight addition to Menal's answer. I noticed that you have
 downloaded the binary release of the COIN libraries. Be aware that
these binaries are still an alpha release and have not been tested, so
use at your own risk. The current SYMPHONY nmake file assumes that you
have built the COIN libraries from source using the project files
provided in the COIN/Win directory. They are not currently set up to
build SYMPHONY by linking with the binary release files, since those
have just been released recently. To link with these pre-built binaries,
you will have to install them somewhere and then change all the paths in
the makefile appropriately. An easier route is probably just to use the
SYMPHONY MSVC++ project file and simply load the libraries into the
project as dependencies. Alternatively, it should be a fairly simple
matter to compile all the COIN projects that SYMPHONY depends on from
source. I hope this clears things up. Feel free to post any further
questions.

Cheers,

Ted