Fwd: Re: [Coin-symphony] compile error

Menal Guzelsoy megb at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 10 12:39:54 EST 2006

Ali,

Quoting Baharev Ali <ali.baharev at gmail.com>:

> I have downloaded the
> http://www.coin-or.org/Binaries/coin-win32-msvc7-13Feb06.zip binaries.
>
> I have downloaded SYMPHONY_2006Mar03.tgz.
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 is installed, it comes with cl.exe
> "32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86".
> The version of the cl.exe is 7 (i have not found switch -v as there
> is for gcc and icc), i have checked this both on the Microsoft
> homepage and in the directory where cl.exe is installed (msvcp71.dll,
> msvcr71.dll and so on).
>
> I have examined the COIN\SYMPHONY\src\WIN32\sym.mak and it is not
> clear that e.g. "$(COINROOT)\Win\clpLib\Debug\clpLib.lib" and
> "$(COINROOT)\Win\osiClpLib\Debug\osiClpLib.lib" refers to libClp.lib
> and libOsiClp.lib?

SYMPHONY will need COIN's Coin, Clp, OsiClp and Cgl libraries. Before using
makefile, you will need to build them. By default, they are in
$(COINROOT)\Win directory and will be named as above unless you have compiled
and named them as "libClp.lib", "libOsiClp.lib"...

> Which lib of the COIN binaries is equal to
> "$(COINROOT)\Win\osiSymLib\Debug\osiSymLib.lib" referred in the
> makefile?

You will need this library only if you want to use SYMPHONY's C++ interface
that comes with OSI (see the sample files in \Examples) and set
'USE_OSI_INTERFACE' flag in the makefile.

> The provided makefile COIN\SYMPHONY\src\WIN32\sym.mak does not seem
> to be up-to-date. Could anyone e-mail me a current makefile, please?
>
> When trying to compile, I have got the following error:
>
> C:\COIN\SYMPHONY\src\WIN32>nmake /f sym.mak
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 7.00.8882
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-2000. All rights reserved.
>
> Creating SYMPHONY library...
> pack_array.c
> pack_cut.c
> proccomm.c
> qsortucb.c
> qsortucb_di.c
> qsortucb_i.c
> qsortucb_ic.c
> qsortucb_id.c
> qsortucb_ii.c
> timemeas.c
> C:\COIN\SYMPHONY\src\Common\timemeas.c(16) : fatal error C1083:
> Cannot open include file: 'sys/resource.h': No such file or directory
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> C:\COIN\SYMPHONY\src\WIN32>
>

> I have looked for resourse.h, but there is not any resourse.h in the
> include folders of cl.exe. Where should it be?

This problem was fixed a few days ago. You will need to download a
recent copy.

> Do the developers plan to create makefiles for other compilers such
> as Intel C++ Compiler and Borland C++ Compiler?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ali Baharev

It is on our todo list. If you are planning to do that, you are welcome to
contribute them to the project repository.

Menal.

----- End forwarded message -----