[Coin-symphony] Symphony doesn't work inside Gdb

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:40:57 EST 2006

francois dionne wrote:

> Actually, I am using g++ 3.4.4 . Your answer
> suggests that I should downgrade the
> compiler to 3.3.3 . Maybe I should try that.

Hi Francois,

I would be surprised if downgrading the compiler fixed the problem.  I'm
not even sure it's possible to downgrade very easily in CYGWIN. I have a
feeling it's something more like an environment variable that has not
been set or that gdb cannot find the source path for some reason. I
believe you can manually set environment variables and add source and
library paths within gdb. I would try some things like that before
downgrading. If you want, I could try to send you the executable I built
and see if it works for you. If not, then you'll know it's not the
compiler difference. Let me know if you want to try that.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs