[Coin-symphony] Sensitivity Analysis

David Goodlad dgoodlad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:05:30 EST 2006

Hi again

I've been playing with the sym_get_ub_for_new_obj function, and have
found that it's not working properly.  It segfaults when building the
new objective value...

Anyway, from some analysis, it seems that the function
get_ub_for_new_obj is very broken.  I'm working on fixing it (I'll
supply a patch once I get it going), but have one question.  The
sol/sol_ind/sol_cnt variables, making up the solution in the bc_node
struct, seem to store the values/indices of the non-zero variables in
the solution.  However, there are spots in the current function that
refer to it in a different way (see lines 3044-3045 compared to lines
3055-3056 in master_func.c).  Does the usage of these variables change
depending on feasibility status of the node?  I wouldn't expect it to,
but I only started looking at Symphony last weekend, so can't be sure!

Also, is there a planned (or just uncommitted) version of
get_lb_for_new_obj?  Otherwise, I am going to look into implementing
that as well.

Thanks
Dave