[Coin-symphony] Using Symphony with GLPK-4.8

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Sep 8 11:57:56 EDT 2005

ZT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here is the deal:
> im using GLPK for solving a large LP from a large MPS
> file.it works fine, but now i want to implement mixed
> integer solving, using Symphony's branch-and-cut
> method. i downloaded the source code files, but
> installation procedure is somewhat confusing. im using
> BC++, is it possible to compile symphony with this?
> all i want to do is make a library file(like in GLPK),
> that i would use together with headers, in my
> programm. could someone give me step by step
> instruction, please? im sorry, but i didnt find the
> answer to my questions in the symphony archives.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with BC++ and have not heard
of anyone compiling SYMPHONY with it. If you are working in Microsoft
Windows, the easiest route is to try either Visual C++ or CYGWIN, both
of which have been fully tested and have complete installation
instructions in the README file. If you want to compile with BC++, I can
try to help, but you will have to give me some more information about
where you're running into difficulties.

Cheers,

Ted
--