[Coin-symphony] SYMPHONY usage survey

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Sep 2 16:07:05 EDT 2005

Dear SYMPHONY users,

As part of the tenure process for my current academic position, I have
been asked to document the usage of SYMPHONY and other software packages
I have worked on in order to help the tenure committee judge their worth
and impact. Although software development requires significant research
effort, the end product is more difficult to evaluate than other
research products, such as archival journal publications. It is only
through use that the quality of the product becomes evident.

If you would be willing to write a short e-mail describing your usage of
SYMPHONY along with a brief evaluation of your experience, it would be
extremely helpful to me in making my tenure case. This would also help
me justify future effort on this project. If you are willing to help, I
would appreciate a response by September 15. Of course, any proprietary
information would be help in strictest confidence. Thanks again for your
support of my work and I look forward to hearing about your experiences
with SYMPHONY.

Best regards,

Ted
--