[Coin-symphony] MPS file output in Symphony

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Sep 1 19:11:52 EDT 2005

Skylab Gupta wrote:

> When using the Symphony interactive solver, I just want to compare the
> root node relaxations using different cutting planes, so I compile
> Symphony by modifying the parameter "ROOT_NODE_ONLY = TRUE" in the
> 'config' file. This seems to work perfectly. Now, once all cutting
> planes have been generated, I want to have Symphony write an MPS file
> for the modified problem (with added cuts). Is there a command to do
> this using the interactive solver?

I was just going back through my e-mail and realized that this e-mail
was never answered. Sorry about that! There is no option to do what you
want, but I think adding the line

write_mps(lp_data, "matrix.mps");

before the return statement on line 431 of SYMPHONY/src/LP/lp_genfunc.c
is a quick fix that should do the trick. Please let me know if you have
any more questions.

Cheers,

Ted
--