[Coin-symphony] Symphony Install Problem using Cygwin

Michael Bleau mike.bleau at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 28 16:36:34 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I could use some advice installing SYMPHONY in a WINDOWS XP/CYGWIN envirement

I have just done a clean install (using CVS) of all the COIN modules.

I have installed the COIN directories immediately inside my home directory.

I have not edited any of the make files.

I have successfully used CYGWIN Make on the CLP, OSI, CGL and COIN modules.

My problem arises when I use Make on the SYMPHONY module.  Any help is appreciated.

Here are the results of the make command (from the SYMPHONY directory:

$ make -f makefile

Compiling master.c

Compiling master_wrapper.c

Compiling master_io.c

Compiling master_func.c

Compiling tm_func.c

Compiling tm_proccomm.c

Compiling lp_solver.c

Compiling lp_varfunc.c

Compiling lp_rowfunc.c

Compiling lp_genfunc.c

Compiling lp_proccomm.c

Compiling lp_wrapper.c

Compiling lp_free.c

Compiling lp_branch.c

Compiling cg_func.c

Compiling cg_wrapper.c

Compiling cp_proccomm.c

Compiling cp_func.c

Compiling cp_wrapper.c

Compiling timemeas.c

Compiling qsortucb.c

Compiling qsortucb_i.c

Compiling qsortucb_ii.c

Compiling qsortucb_id.c

Compiling qsortucb_di.c

Compiling qsortucb_ic.c

Compiling proccomm.c

Compiling pack_cut.c

Compiling pack_array.c

Making libsym.a ...

Compiling main.c

Linking symphony ...

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [/home/MICHAEL/coin/symphony/bin/CYGWIN/OSI_CLP/symphony] Error 1

make: *** [all] Error 2