[Coin-symphony] PVM additionnal question

alexleb alexleb at crt.umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 13 05:58:49 EDT 2005

When I use the P parameter the branch and cut finishes immediately
Here is the config
Pvm conf shows 4 nodes for example with DTID
40000, 80000, c0000, 100000
Pvm ps reports no jobs running
Quit

I run from command line
/home/user/vrp_m_tm_cp -F /home/user/sample.vrp -N 5
And I get the communications always from the task tc0001 and the optimal
solution is found - as expected

BUT If I run the same command but with the -P param to tell it to run P LP
in PVM instead of one (I suppose it is to doing with 1 when no P is used), I
get only one communication from t1000001:

/home/user/vrp_m_tm_cp -P 4 -F /home/user/sample.vrp -N 5
[t1000001] BEGIN
(and then immediately)
***
* Branch and Cut Finished *