[Coin-symphony] PVM additionnal question

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 13 01:16:26 EDT 2005

alexleb wrote:
> When I run the vrp_m_tm_cp application, do I have to spawn anything from pvm
> or it's a standalone application that will spawn for all nodes present in
> the conf of pvm ?

You don't have to spawn anything, but it will not automatically use all
the nodes in the configuration. You need to specify the number of LP
processes you want to spawn on the command line with "-P" as follows:

vrp_m_tm_cp -P 12 -F sample.vrp

The number of LP processes does not have to be equal to the number of
processors available. It can be less or even more, although I wouldn't
suggest more. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ted
--