[Coin-symphony] tracking cuts

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:34:01 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Ted Ralphs wrote:

> I'm still not sure why this isn't possible, as long as it's happening in
> a different node. In the case of the TSP, I would expect inequalities
> like subtour elimination constraints to be regenerated many times
> throughout the tree. There really isn't any way to void this unless I'm
> misundertanding your point.

I thought that was the idea of a global cut pool.
Once a subtour cut was generated, it would lie in
wait until it was needed again.  At that point,
it would be fetched from the global cut pool
instead of being regenerated in user_find_cuts.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"There are three kinds of people,