[Coin-symphony] Symphony 5.1 X11R6 lib, pvm, vrp

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Mon Jul 11 13:45:19 EDT 2005

Alexandre Le Bouthillier wrote:
> 0) if static librairy are used the ldd of symphony still show links to
> coin .so lib.

By default, ldd goes for the shared libraries if any with the correct
name are present. You should delete all the COIN/lib/*.so files before
linking and then it should work.

> 1) Short comment on compilation:
> When compiling the new version (5.1 of today) of Symphony, it complains about
> the -ltermcap (even if its installed - that's might be a problem with my Suse
> 9.3) and complains with X11.
> I think that by default the X11 path are included but not the X11R6 one so we
> need to include it as it is with X11LIBPATHS.
>
> I had to replace in the makefile line 139 to make it compile
> SYSLIBS = -L/usr/lib/termcap -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpthread #-lefence
> even if there was a definition for X11LIBPATHS = /usr/X11R6/lib.
> (maybee not the ideal place to do that but I thought I would mention it)

So libtermcap is located in a directory called "/usr/lib/termcap"? I
guess this is the problem. We will have to add that directory to the
library search path...

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor