[Coin-symphony] Symphony 5.1 X11R6 lib, pvm, vrp

Alexandre Le Bouthillier alexleb at crt.umontreal.ca
Sat Jul 9 14:42:38 EDT 2005

0) if static librairy are used the ldd of symphony still show links to
coin .so lib.

1) Short comment on compilation:
When compiling the new version (5.1 of today) of Symphony, it complains about
the -ltermcap (even if its installed - that's might be a problem with my Suse
9.3) and complains with X11.
I think that by default the X11 path are included but not the X11R6 one so we
need to include it as it is with X11LIBPATHS.

I had to replace in the makefile line 139 to make it compile
SYSLIBS = -L/usr/lib/termcap -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpthread #-lefence
even if there was a definition for X11LIBPATHS = /usr/X11R6/lib.
(maybee not the ideal place to do that but I thought I would mention it)

2) pvm - here what I did so far
remove in the config file the # before pvm
comment the comm_protocol=none and uncomment the one with pvm
set the SYM_COMPILE_IN_TM_LP to false
make successfully

as well I got warning
Linking symphony_lp_cg ...

/usr/lib/pvm3/lib/LINUX/libpvm3.a(lpvmgen.o)(.text+0x294): In function
`pvmlogperror':
: warning: `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
/usr/lib/pvm3/lib/LINUX/libpvm3.a(lpvmgen.o)(.text+0x28b): In function
`pvmlogperror':
: warning: `sys_nerr' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead

and

Linking symphony_m_tm ...
/usr/lib/pvm3/lib/LINUX/libpvm3.a(lpvmgen.o)(.text+0x294): In function
`pvmlogperror':
: warning: `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
/usr/lib/pvm3/lib/LINUX/libpvm3.a(lpvmgen.o)(.text+0x28b): In function
`pvmlogperror':
: warning: `sys_nerr' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead

but compile and only make the symphony_lp_cg and the symphony_m_tm (not the
symphony)

pvm < hostfile.pvm

I use pvm with ssh and I suppose I should use symphony_lp_cg or
symphony_m_tm ?

a) how do I launch symphony with pvm ?
b) how do I launch the sample application vrp with pvm ?

3) any comments in how to add time windows to the vrp, suggestions, pointers ?

Last question: with the vrp there is a drawing option -d
it say Comm Error: Unknown communications protocol what should be the
problem ?

Thanks again for your help,

Alex

--