[Coin-symphony] Symphony 5 with mpi and static compilation

Alexandre Le Bouthillier alexleb at crt.umontreal.ca
Mon Jul 4 08:46:56 EDT 2005

First Symphony is the best I have seen, congratulation to Ted Ralphs and his
team.

2 beginners questions:

1) In the doc, it says it should be easy to use mpi instead of pvm.  How easy,
any tips, any planned release to support mpi ?

2) When running an Application (for example the vrp one), it needs many shared
library, where in the Makefile of Symphony and the Makefile of the VRP
application do I tell to link with -static to get an application that is not
dependent of these shared library (for example, to submit to a pbs system for
which I'm not root)

(ldd vrp needs libsym_app.so, libCoin.so, libOsi.so, libOsiClp.so, libClp.so,
libCgl.so that I would like to have included)

best regards,

Alex

--
Alexandre Le Bouthillier