[Coin-symphony] row number out of range

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Jan 28 12:35:38 EST 2005

Michael Hennebry wrote:

> I'm using GLPK though OSI.
> GLPK keeps giving me messages like
> lpx_del_rows: num[21] = 544; row number out of range  .
>
> The error only shows up when I use *feasible=IP_HEUR_FEASIBLE;.

Hmmm, I guess I'll need more information to track down the error. There
are a couple of things you could do:

1. Send me a stack trace, so I know exactly where the error occurs.
2. Try your code with CLP and see if you get a similar problem (CLP may
be faster anyway).
3. Run your code through valgrind and see if there are any memory access
errors.

I'll try to do some experiments here and see if I can reproduce your error.

> I'm pretty sure my own data structures aren't trashing memory.
> They're almost all vectors with range-checking.
> The rest are multimaps from the STL.
>

> I'm also having make problems.
> Changing user.h will cause a new link, but not new compilation.
> Make clean doesn't remove enough stuff.
> Using find to remove all the *.o files does the job.

Yes, I'm aware that the header dependency mechanism work *quite* like it
should, but I haven't had a chance to track down the cause. "make clean"
only deletes SYMPHONY's internal object code.

As for your problems with making the code, "make clean_user" deletes the
user's object code, so that's the one you want. There is also "make
clean_all," which deletes absolutely everything.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor
tkralphs at lehigh.edu
www.lehigh.edu/~tkr2

"An optimist is someone who thinks
'It doesn't get any better than this.'
A pessimist is someone who's afraid that's true."