[Coin-symphony] Compiling Symphony

Patrick Grandjean pgrandjean at amadeus.net
Tue Apr 26 04:01:17 EDT 2005

Hello,

I downloaded all COIN-OR libraries in order to compile SYMPHONY under
Windows 2000. I have MS Visual Studio .NET 2003, and I tried to open the
"symphony.ds*" files. But then, I have the following errors:
        - "The project 'symphony.dsp' must be converted to the current
Visual C++ project format. After it has been converted, you will not be
able to edit this project in
        previous versions of Visual Studio.

        Convert and open this project?"
        I click YES, or NO, whatever.

        - "Cannot open project due to a corrupt file"
        I click OK.

        - "Project C:\COIN\SYMPHONY-5.0\WIN32\symphony.dsp failed to open"
        I click OK.

        - "Project C:\COIN\SYMPHONY-5.0\WIN32\symphonyLib.dsp failed to
open"
        I click OK.

Then, of course, I can't compile the library nor symphony at all. I tried
using Cygwin (the latest version). After compiling COIN (which works
fine), I do the "make"command and have the following errors:

The problem is that in "main.c" source file, there is "readline", but no
"_readline". I've searched for macros, etc, but nothing. I don't
understand, maybe a compiler bug.

Could someone help me with this? I would prefer compiling it under Windows
and Visual Studio, but if you think that I should use Linux, than I tried
it with Linux.

Thank you for any help.

Best Regards,

Patrick Grandjean.