[Coin-symphony] dual solution

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Apr 26 01:03:55 EDT 2005

Lutz,

It sounds like you trying to get a dual solution for an integer program
that is analogous to the dual solution obtained when solving a linear
program. SYMPHONY does not provide such dual information---in fact, a
dual solution vector with the same properties as the one from linear
programming may not exist in general. The question of how to get
meaningful dual information for an IP and how to perform sensitivity
analysis for IPs is one of my research areas, however, so I'd be happy
to provide you with references off-line if you like.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs