[Coin-SMI] Re: Re: Changing right hand side of inequalities

Alan King kingaj at us.ibm.com
Sun May 29 03:30:07 EDT 2005

Well it's a good point.

The question is how much effort is anyone willing to put into SMPS.  My
personal opinion is that modeling languages are the way to go, and if you
need to interface with databases and filesystems then some big company
like IBM should make it easy for you.  But that isn't the case, yet, so we
have to think about interfaces.

If there is an interface that works and is fast then use it.  IMHO

Alan

Francois Margot <fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent by: coin-smi-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/28/2005 10:07 AM

coin-smi at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-SMI] Re: Re: Changing right hand side of inequalities

> That's right:  SmiScnModel::readSmps() will not read all bounds formats
> correctly.  SmiScnModel seems to be working fine, though.
>
> So its better to use the "direct interface pattern".  I have uploaded
the
> nice Bug example using this pattern into Coin/Examples/Stoch/stoch.cpp.

I think this should be fixed, as reading the .stoch, .core and .time
files is the simplest way to load a problem. Otherwise, it is impossible
to write code that will work on examples provided by a non technical savvy

user,  as everything has to be coded and recompiled when using the
"direct interface pattern".

Francois