[RBFOpt] Problem with 20d rosenbrock function

Giacomo Nannicini giacomo.n at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:42:13 EST 2018

Hi Andreas,
can you post the log to understand where and how it gets stuck?
Regarding the number of parallel evaluations: that's because in this
example the function evaluates almost instantaneously, so the library
never has the time to fill all the CPUs . In any case, it is unlikely
that it will be able to exploit 20 CPUs to good use: it does
pre-emptive evaluation of the points that are likely to be evaluated
in the future, but I am not sure it will be able to predict correctly
20 points in the future.