[Project-managers] New version of Visual Studio

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue May 4 16:51:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,

In case you were not aware, there is a new version of Visual Studio
out, so I guess we need to talk about support for that. I just did an
automatic conversion of all the version 9 files into version 10 files
for the projects in the CoinAll solution and everything went smoothly.
The conversion worked and everything built without a problem. However,
this is not like the change from Version 8 to 9---the file formats are
very different and even the extension on the project files has changed
from .vcproj to .vcxproj, just to make things interesting. I am
willing to start checking in the version 10 files for the projects in
CoinAll/stable/1.4 if no one objects. It seems blazingly fast on my
dual core laptop, by the way. It builds the 20 projects in CoinAll in
under 10 minutes. With Cygwin, it still takes the good part of a day
to build from scratch (of course, there are also more projects to
build in that case).

Cheers,

Ted
--