[Project-managers] Soliciting opinions on prepare_new_stable script

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue May 4 16:34:20 EDT 2010

I can't see many scenarios in which a new stable would be made from
anything but trunk, but it is possible you could make a stable from
either a branch or by copying over an old stable and then merging some
stuff from trunk. In any case, I don't see any reason to restrict the
script to copying from trunk. It could just take the directory to be
copied as an argument. I was actually thinking there might not be a
need for such a script since the process is a bit easier than that of
creating a release, but I guess we'll be creating a lot of new stables
over the next couple of months with the new build tools stuff coming
on line. It would be nice to automate that.

Cheers,

Ted