[Project-managers] Reminder: COIN-OR Annual Report, Election, and INFORMS San Diego

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Oct 4 19:32:56 EDT 2009

Greetings, COIN-OR community.

Annual Report
-------------
The annual meeting of the COIN-OR membership will take place at the
INFORMS San Diego meeting on October 12.  We are in the process of
preparing the annual report to be distributed at the meeting and
published.

If you have news to report about new projects, new developments in your
project, or new uses of COIN-OR tools in the field (academic or
practice), we'd very much appreciate hearing from you.  If you haven't
already done so, please post news to our draft annual report Wiki page
at https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/AnnualReport2009.  Board,
Council, committee members, this means you, too.  PMs, if you know about
users, please encourage them to join in.

There are sections in the report for project managers and user reports
(along with some others).  We only need a short couple of sentences
about who you are and what you are doing (research? business? teaching?
applications? development?).  This is a quick and easy way for you to
demonstrate your support and contribute.  (If you prefer not to use the
Wiki, just reply to this message or send me a note at mjs at clemson.edu.)

For an example, take a look at last year's report at
https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/AnnualReport2008.

Exhibitor Booth
---------------
COIN-OR will have our exhibitor booth again this year (thanks,
INFORMS!).  And once again, we need your help to keep the booth manned.
If you can take some time to sit at the booth, talk to folks, and pass
out flyers and chocolates (and maybe CDs).  If you can commit a block of
time, we'd appreciate if you could sign up at
https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/BoothSchedule09 (or let me know
by e-mail and I will sign you up).  Even if you can't commit in advance,
you're welcome to come and sit for a while any time you have some time
to spare.

Election
--------
Ballots have been distributed by e-mail for election of members to the
Strategic Leadership Board and the Technical Leadership Council.  Please
vote by the deadline (Sunday October 11).  If you are planning to attend
the annual meeting, you can vote then, but e-mail is preferable.

San Diego Events
Some COIN-OR-related events are listed at
https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/InformsSanDiego.  If we missed
your event, please feel free to add it there.

Thanks very much for your support!
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences