[Project-managers] turn off windows popups in failing unit tests

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Jun 2 11:34:44 EDT 2008

Folks,

	I tried Stefan's suggested change in the Osi unitTest over the weekend
and ran into problems.  The build environment is MinGW / cl, configuring with
--enable-doscompile=msvc.  I have the full MSVC8, which includes the Platform
SDK as part of the MSVC installation.

	Configuration finds Windows.h, the symbol HAVE_WINDOWS_H is defined, and
the relevant bits of code are apparently included.  But cl complains that the
symbols SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS and SEM_NOGPFAULTERRORBOX are not defined.
Grepping about in the MSVC include directories, these are defined in WinBase.h
(I think --- I'm going from memory here).  But an explicit include of WinBase.h
didn't help.

	I'll poke at this a bit more, but thought I'd try a post here to see if
any regular Windows user recognises the problem.  From a quick scan of
Windows.h, my working theory is that the MinGW environment fails to define some
necessary symbol.  Hints appreciated.

	I seem to have missed the explanation of why the Platform SDK is bad.
Is there some other solution proposed to suppress this popup window?

					Thanks,
						Lou