[Project-managers] OSI trunk -> stable, Friday June 8th

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu May 31 14:01:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

> 	Now that the upgrade to the OSI trunk has had some time to settle out,

That was just a week ago, or?
And I do not see that the problem with the dependency on Clp/devel
introduced by that is solved yet.
(http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/coin-discuss/2007-May/002955.html)

> Matt and I would like to set June 8th as the date to push trunk over into stable
> and remove branches/devel.

I really appreciate to have stable versions more often (otherwise I
cannot make a new stable version of GAMSlinks ;-)).
But is Osi/trunk stable yet? There is still a long list of open tickets
at https://projects.coin-or.org/Osi/report/1 (going back almost a year
now). Are they now fixed? I still carry my own patch file for the
OsiGlpk with me because there was no update even on trunk (except for
the big one last week).

>   ** If this presents a problem for your project, please let us know! **
>
> This will likely require some additional coordination amongst the most closely
> coupled projects (CoinUtils, OSI, Cgl, MSVisualStudio, BuildTools, Clp, Cbc).
> Project managers for these projects, particularly, please let me know if you see
> problems.

I also agree with Ted that you might need a new stable version of the
CoinUtils if Osi/trunk depends on a non-stable version of it.

Best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics