[Project-managers] Spam in the tickets -- again

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Mar 13 14:59:48 EDT 2007

I have installed the TracTicketDelete plugin.

1. Log into your project's Trac page.
2. If you are the Trac admin for your page, you will see the Admin link in
the menu bar at the top.  Click it.

THEN

3a. In the left menu bar, you will see a Delete Changes entry under the
Ticket System header.  Click it.
4a. Enter the number of the ticket to be modified in the blank field.
5a. You will see a list with check boxes of comments in the ticket field.
You can either delete change records or comments one at a time, or you can
check the ones to be deleted and delete them all at once with the button
at the bottom

OR

3b. Alternatively, you can click Delete in the left menu bar.
4b. Enter the ticket ID (twice) and click the button.

Note that it is considered preferable to delete the spam comments and mark
the ticket as invaild, rather than to delete the ticket.

There are some more changes in the works that should help prevent some of
these attacks in the first place.

Thanks for your patience.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Pierre Bonami wrote:

> Thanks.
> I disabled the account, but another one was created (and used) shortly
> after.
> Even if not perfect, I would definitely like to be able to remove those
> tickets.
> Thanks again for your help,
> Pierre
>

>             Ted Ralphs
>             <tkralphs at lehigh.
>             edu>                                                       To
>             Sent by:                  project-managers at list.coin-or.org
>             project-managers-                                          cc
>             bounces at list.coin
>             -or.org                                               Subject
>                                       Re: [Project-managers] Spam in the
>                                       tickets -- again
>             03/13/07 11:22 AM
>

> There is a plug-in that supports deleting either entire tickets
> or
>
> http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TicketDeletePlugin
>
> I will ask Matt or Laci to install it, though this still requires
> manual
> this
> Trac.
> If you can figure out what account posted the SPAM, perhaps you can
> it. We have been talking about a more secure method of creating
> accounts. I'll put it on the agenda for the TLC meeting this
> afternoon.
> Dr. Ted Ralphs
> University
> (610)758-4784