[Project-managers] editing external codes

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sun Apr 8 19:24:07 EDT 2007

This is all shades of gray and little of it has been tested in court, so
it's difficult to say. I think this could probably be considered "fair
use" if it does not involve a substantial portion of the application's
source code:

http://www.bitlaw.com/copyright/fair_use.html

However, the safest route is always to provide a patch and distribute
that, rather than the source code itself.

Cheers,

Ted