[Project-managers] permissions

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 11 11:43:45 EDT 2006

Hi Dear PMs,

I have good news! You can stop... bothering Matt and me with requests for
changing permissions on directories in your project! :-)

Check out the permission configuration file for project Foo:
   svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Foo/conf Foo-conf

The checked out directory (in Foo-conf) has the file perms.txt in it. The
syntax is fairly straightforwrd, for deatils look at section 6.3 in the svn
book
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz.perdir)

The "* = r", i.e., read access for all is automatically enabled. Only those
user names can get acces whose owner has submitted a csro (and this is
enforced on the server. If you make changes to this file, this file must be
committed by itself (also enforced on the server).

Let me know if you run into any problem.

--Laci