[Project-managers] Re: [Coin-discuss] New --enable-doscompile configuration flag, and link fix for Cygwin

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Oct 18 16:27:23 EDT 2006

Hi Lou,

>> I could offer to PM to automatically update the autotools generated
>> stuff in their stable releases whenever something important has changed in
>> the stable release in BuildTools.
>
> 	Oooooh, tempting, but I'm just a bit cautious, since changes to
> BuildTools have a tendency to break things in my environment.

Well, I could exclude your project.

> 	But the next thought is ...  it kinda has to work that way, given the
> Externals mechanism to pull in dependencies? Configuration (especially with
> cached values) is not completely independent from one project to the next.

Yes, that's why I'm suggesting this.  I'm not really voluntarily looking
for more work ;)

By the way, I just committed the fix for checking for the C compiler even
when only the Fortran compiler is required.  It's in the ThirdeParty/*
stable/1.0 versions.  If you feel like it, please give it a try..

Thanks

Andreas