[Project-managers] Re: [Coin-discuss] New --enable-doscompile configuration flag, and link fix for Cygwin

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Oct 18 16:21:05 EDT 2006

Andreas, Ted,

> I could offer to PM to automatically update the autotools generated
> stuff in their stable releases whenever something important has changed in
> the stable release in BuildTools.

	Oooooh, tempting, but I'm just a bit cautious, since changes to
BuildTools have a tendency to break things in my environment.

	But the next thought is ...  it kinda has to work that way, given the
Externals mechanism to pull in dependencies? Configuration (especially with
cached values) is not completely independent from one project to the next.

							Lou