[Project-managers] Trac Emergency Maintenance Today

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon May 29 14:10:10 EDT 2006

projects.coin-or.org will be down for maintenance today (Monday, 5/29)
from 4pm until 5:30pm and possibly also from 8pm to 10pm EDT.

The purpose of the maintenance is to identify and remove spam in the Trac
databases.

Anonymous editing of Trac Wiki pages and tickets has been turned off on
all sites.  In order to edit pages or create or update tickets, users must
be logged in with a legitimate userid and password.  For now, anonymous
users may login as user "guest" with password "editor".  Shortly, we will
be adding a feature that allows users to create and maintain their own
userids.  At that time, I expect userid "guest" will be removed and users
will be required to register and log in in order to edit pages or create
or modify tickets.

Hopefully, this will pretty much control the spam problems we've been
seeing recently.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu