[Coin-tlc] down load page (Re: [Project-managers] move to subversion)

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Thu May 25 15:26:49 EDT 2006

>On the main download page we should direct
>people to the main projects page

Agreed.  Right now if you're looking for IPOPT code and go to the main
download page(http://www.coin-or.org/download.html) -- you're left hanging
dry.

Just getting the download page to point to to the existing established
projects in svn would be a great step forward.   JP and  I ran into this
when working with Bjarni.

thanks for all the work herding us cats,
Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

ladanyi at watson.ibm.com
05/25/2006 02:57 PM

Robin Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
cc
project-managers at list.coin-or.org, coin-tlc at list.coin-or.org
Subject
Re: [Coin-tlc] down load page (Re: [Project-managers] move to subversion)

In the TODO page I mentioned that each project should include download
instructions (and gave an example). On the main download page we should
direct
people to the main projects page to find those projects that are managed
by
svn.

What should also happen is that http://projects.coin-or.org (the main
projects
page, that for now only lists a couple of projects) should be modified and
have basic info on how to use the trac pages and svn, have a pointer to
the
build process that will apply to many of the projects, etc. If noone else
volunteers to do this I'll do it in June. It's got to be done.

--Laci