[Project-managers] Server outage

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Jun 16 09:57:22 EDT 2006

The coin-or.org server was down overnight, but it is back now.

There was a scheduled power outage at the INFORMS office Thursday evening
that they neglected to warn us about.  I was working on configuring the
Web server to work with our brand-new, bright and shiny, official SSL
certificate when the power went out, and things were in a state where the
reboot could not complete when the power came back on.

All services are back up, although there is some configuration yet to be
done.  Visits to projects.coin-or.org should no longer complain about the
certificate, but visits to the secure server at www.coin-or.org (which
will no longer be used after configuration is complete) now complain that
the cert being used is for projects.coin-or.org.

Everything should be cleaned up shortly, and an official announcement
about changes will follow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman