[Project-managers] Mind your Trac pages

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 14 09:34:57 EDT 2006

How does the world locating the Trac pages?  There's no direct links to
them on the project page, http://www.coin-or.org/projects.html.

Is the site design for each project to have it's own webpage, and a
pointer to the project's Trac page to be posted there?

thanks,
Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>
Sent by: project-managers-bounces at list.coin-or.org
04/14/2006 08:46 AM

project-managers at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Project-managers] Mind your Trac pages

If your project has a Trac page (every project in Subversion does, and
most that don't already will shortly), it would be a good idea to check in

on it every so often to make sure the content is OK.  Remember that Wikis
are open to editing by anybody so there is no sure-fire protection against

nefarious content modification.  Unlike tickets, Wiki pages in Trac have
no way to notify you when pages are modified.

We've had a couple of incidents of bots replacing our Trac home pages with

spam.  If your page has serious problems with these automated attacks, we
can put measures in place that can slow them down, but it would still be
possible for human indivduals to edit the pages.  We are an open
community, so I think that closing Wiki pages to all editing by community
members should be a last resort.

Thanks for your diligence.

--
                                 Matthew Saltzman