[Osi] [Cbc] Cuts generation when using Xpress

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Jun 30 10:49:30 EDT 2010

So you are using Xpress as the LP solver within Cbc? Is the situation
any different with Clp as the LP solver? I've never tried using Xpress
with CGL, but it's possible there is an issue with whether OsiXpr
supports all the functionality needed by the cut generators. There are
some differences in how Cbc behaves with LP solvers other than Clp.
I've cross posted this to the Cgl and Osi lists to see if there is any
feedback there. In the meantime, if you can help me replicate the
results you're seeing, I'll try to look into it. You can send me the
instance and more details about how you built Cbc off line.

Cheers,

Ted