[Osi] submitting tickets/reporting a bug?

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:07:25 EST 2010

Hi,

I would like to report a bug in OSI, however I cannot create a trac
account and I cannot follow the link "report a bug" on
https://projects.coin-or.org/Osi

Is it possible for you to fix it?

This is the bug/ticket I would like to submit:

[feature request] fix Osi public headers

The OSI public header OsiSolverInterface.hpp includes (via
CoinMessageHandler.hpp:17 -> CoinFinite.hpp:9 -> CoinUtilsConfig.h:28)
the file config_coinutils.h. This is deprecated and should be avoided.
This file defines macros like PACKAGE_STRING, PACKAGE_NAME, and so on.
When writing code that uses autotools and Osi, I have to define these
macros as well, and thus my macros will conflict with Osi's because of
this inclusion. The public interface of a library should never include
the file config.h, which must be considered as an internal header file
that is not part of the API and should not be distributed as it causes
bad side-effects. This was confirmed on the autoconf mailing list on
this thread: http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/autoconf@gnu.org/12033793.html

--
Christophe-Marie Duquesne
06 84 14 26 82 - mobile