[Osi] osicpx threaded

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Thu Aug 27 23:55:30 EDT 2009

Has anyone successfully used more than one instance/thread of OsiCpx
simultaneously? I am trying to do this. Constructing 2 instances of OsiCpx
and using standard pthreads, solve two MILPs on 2 threads. It crashes.
Valgrind/Helgrind is showing lots of potential race conditions. Looking a
little deeper into OsiCpx, I noticed that although I have two different
CpxLp ptrs, I have one CpxEnv ptr. In fact, the cpx env is a static variable
in OsiCpx. Doesn't this make OsiCpx not thread-safe? Is there any easy way
around this?

Thanks,
Matt