[Osi] milp support in OSI

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:47:24 EDT 2009

Hi Matt:

> I've often thought that the OS spec would be a good starting point for
> this discussion.   I need to look into it some more, though.

There are four aspects to the OS spec:

1. OSInstance (along with readers and writers) -- the API to build
and/or access a very general model instance.  It has get, set, and
calculate (including forward and backward AD calls) methods.

2. OSOption (along with readers and writers) -- the API for solver options

3. OSResult (along with readers and writers) -- the API for solver results

4. OSModification -- the API for addition / modification / deletion.

The first three are done. The last is obviously the most difficult and
we did not want to start without help/input/guidence/marching orders
from others (like the Osi mailing list).

Cheers

>> Cheers

Kipp Martin
Visiting Professor