[Coin-osi-devel] OSI testing

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jan 2 13:32:58 EST 2008

Matt,

	I should have been more precise:  I'm talking about --test-solvers and
--exclude-solvers as command line parameters for the OSI unitTest, not for the
configure scripts.  A run-time solution rather than a compile-time solution.  We
can do this within the bounds of the OSI project.

	COIN_SKIP_PROJECTS is pretty far-reaching; it affects the run_autotools
script as well as configure scripts.  Often this is too far-reaching for me.  I
may want to restrict the Osi unitTest to only OsiGlpk, but I don't want to have
Clp and DyLP disappear from Cgl and Cbc as a side effect.

	There are a lot of good arguments for separating `project Foo is
present, please configure and compile' from `please use project Foo when
configuring and compiling project Bar'.  Many projects would benefit.  But this
is a big change in the autotools architecture affecting many projects and needs
wider discussion.

						Lou