[Coin-osi-devel] OSI testing

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jan 2 11:53:54 EST 2008

Matt,

	A Happy New Year to you!

	On a regular basis, I find myself wishing for a command line parameter
or two to control the set of OSIs actually tested in the OSI unitTest.  How
about something like this:

  --test-solvers "space separated list of OSIs"
  --exclude-solvers "space separated list of OSIs"

Use whichever is most convenient.  I'm pretty sure the necessary hooks in the
code are already present. This would be a run-time exclusion, but often that's
all I want (just to limit the output to the OSI of interest).

	This implies doing a bit of cleanup for command option processing when
the unit test fires up, but that's a worthy project in its own right.  It would
clear the way to provide better control over the set of tests performed for each
OSI.  COIN_SKIP_PROJECTS would still be the fall-back if a solver needs to be
excluded due to compilation problems.

						Lou